What do coffee and matcha have in common? Both drinks are trendy, natural energizers, and rich in caffeine. They can help you feel less tired, increase energy levels and improve productivity. Coffee plays a huge role in many cultures and traditions and is consumed worldwide. It is a big part of social interactions, and many people appreciate the calming atmosphere of coffee shops.
But now, with increasing globalization, matcha, an essential element of east Asian cuisine, is on the rise. The ground powder comes from processed green tea leaves. It is traditionally consumed in drinks and beverages and can be an excellent substitute for coffee.
But which product is better when choosing your private label brand? Matcha vs. coffee?
What is a private label?
It’s a manufacturer that creates customized products for third parties to sell under their brand. In other words, the manufacturer gives you the freedom to choose the formula, customization, or design of the product they manufacture for your brand. This personalized product will be sold exclusively by the retailer/re-seller who ordered the product. You get a cheaper kind of production while being able to do specific customizations in your packaging and formula.
This kind of production can be the best of both worlds. You can quickly produce a “generic” product, with the option to make customizations and make your product unique. In other words, the machinery for the production is already set, making it easier and faster to produce and giving lower minimum order quantities while allowing you to personalize some aspects of the product.
Good for you, Wonnda is a platform that specializes in finding the perfect private label manufacturer for you and your brand to ensure your final customer will get the highest quality product in their hands in no time.
Choosing coffee for your private label brand
Coffee is one of the world’s most produced and consumed beverages, staying only behind water and tea. To ensure the best possible quality, the beans go through an intense process in the fields of Brazil, Vietnam, and Colombia.
Benefits of choosing coffee for your private label
- It is omnipresent. There are about one billion coffee drinkers worldwide. The caffeine-rich drink has become an essential part of many people’s daily routines, leading to a massive market for selling your private label.
- Consumers often associate private-label brands with a higher quality standard, as the producer has total control over freshness and quality, making it a strong selling point.
- You profit from cost advantages, as you are less vulnerable to price fluctuations when you contract to have a particular volume of roasted beans for a specific time.
The disadvantages of coffee for your private label
- You have to deal with massive competition from national brands by entering the market. There is always the risk that customers do not trust your product, leaving you with a product you can’t sell.
- There is no fixed rule regarding how much volume guarantees sufficient profit margins. If the product bought from the manufacturer is less than a certain minimum level, cost savings might not occur.
Choosing matcha for your private label brand
Descendants of Japanese and east-Asian families introduced this amazing green beverage to the western world, and via social media, green tea has spread globally. People love it for its flavorful and warm taste of a fresh cup of tea.
Benefits of choosing matcha
- Matcha is becoming increasingly popular as more and more people appreciate the calming effects of drinking healthy beverages. The tea’s popularity has exploded recently and keeps growing.
- Offering it to a friend passing by is undoubtedly much more original. Despite its increasing consumption, but it is still less known than coffee, making it the more exotic choice for your private-label brand.
- It is an excellent alternative for those who don’t like the bitterness of coffee. It has many health benefits as it is a concentrate of antioxidants, vitamins, trace, and amino acids.
The not-so-good side of matcha
- The production is more expensive, as its tea leaves originate in Japan, one of the most labor-intensive countries in the world. Therefore, the final selling price is higher.
- It would be best if you had more tools to prepare a cup of tea, such as a bamboo whisker and a holder for the whisker. While most people experience the preparation of a cup of tea as calming, you might lose customers who want a quick drink.
Matcha vs. coffee – what is the best option for your private-label brand?
Both matcha and coffee are viable options to sell to the final consumer, and each has its pros and cons.
Which one is better depends on your personal choice for starting a brand? If you want to enter an established market trying to differentiate yourself with a unique product, private-label coffee might be your better choice. If you intend to be part of a growing market, you should go with matcha.
While coffee is the more established product in the European market, matcha still is more unusual.
Create your private label product line with Wonnda – the European platform for white label, private label, and contract manufacturing
Are you interested in producing your private label products in Europe but need to know how to get your production up and running? Whether you’re an aspiring startup entrepreneur with an innovative product idea or an existing retailer looking to diversify your assortment with your products, launching your brand through a private label or contract manufacturing could be just the step you need to take your business to the next level.
Here at wonnda, we work with top European producers for private labeling and contract manufacturing. The first step in getting your supplement product to market is probably the most crucial – finding the right production partner for your project.
The great advantage of wonnda.com is that you can let us do the heavy lifting. Just tell us quickly about your project or product idea. We will then approach the most suitable producers for your project and connect you with them. Sounds interesting? Then fill out the form!